About this site
Learn more about Movies in Parks
A highlight on Auckland's calendar of events, Movies in Parks is the perfect way to enjoy the summer evenings.
We have teamed up with your Local Board to bring a Movies in Parks event to a neighbourhood park near you.
Please note that Movies in Parks are alcohol-free events. Please ensure all children are supervised at these events at all times.
There is minimal lighting once the sun goes down, be prepared and pack a torch as well as your picnic blanket and warm clothes.
These events are held in open public parks and reserves, we ask parents not to drop-off or leave minors unsupervised.
All films have classification or censorship ratings.
All Movies in Parks films have an unrestricted rating.
The Film & Video Labelling Body Incorporated gives a rating to unrestricted films.
The symbols are:
G suitable for general audiences
PG Parental guidance recommended for younger viewers
M suitable for mature audiences aged 16 years and over
The Office of Film & Literature Classification (OFLC) may restrict a film to certain classes of people (e.g. on the basis of age) or for a specified purpose (e.g. for scientific or artistic purposes).
R18 restricted to persons aged 18 years and over.
Change to Terms and Conditions
This website has been designed to be best viewed with web standards compliant browsers. Older browsers such as Internet Explorer 4 and Netscape Navigator 4 may display a degraded page layout. We also recommend setting your screen resolution to a minimum of 1024x768, with at least 256 colours and default fonts.
As part of its commitment towards a 100 per cent accessible
Auckland, the Auckland Council web site has access keys to enable its
navigation without the use of a mouse.
The access keys are:
0 = List of access keys
1 = Home
2 = Films
3 = Social
4 = Music in Parks
6 = Contact us
To use these keys please do the following:
- Window users: use alt+[number]+Enter if using IE5x or above.
- Netscape 6x users: just use Alt+[number].
- Macintosh users: use ctrl + [number].
See below for instructions on how to change the text size of your Windows based browser to suit your individual needs:
- Firefox: hold down CTRL and press + or - to alter the text size
- Internet Explorer: from the menu bar select 'View' >> 'Text size' and then your chosen size. If you have a mouse wheel simply hold down CTRL and roll the mouse wheel to alter the text size.
- Netscape 6, Mozilla: hold down CTRL and press + or - to alter the text size, or from the menu bar select 'View' >> 'Text zoom'
- Netscape 4: hold down CTRL and press [ or ] to alter the text size
- Netscape 3: from the menu bar select 'Options' >> 'General preferences' >> 'Fonts' >> 'Choose font' to choose a text size
- Opera: select 'View' >> 'Text size', then choose a text size. This will also enlarge graphics.
3. Use of Website and Content. Auckland Council makes this website available for your personal and non-commercial use. You may download and use information provided on this website solely for your personal purposes, provided that you do not remove any proprietary rights notices, do not modify the information or make it available to third parties through a networked computer environment and do not make any additional representations or warranties regarding the information. You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any portion or feature of the website, or attempt to obtain any materials, information or documents through any means not purposely made available by Auckland Council, including without limitation, hacking, password mining or otherwise accessing data without authorisation. You may not test the vulnerability of the website or any network connected to the website or seek to trace any information on any other user of the website. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and with these terms and conditions at all times when using the website.
5. Ownership of Trade marks. Trade marks, logos and service marks (collectively, "Marks") displayed on this website are registered or unregistered Marks of Auckland Council or others, are the property of their respective owners, and may not be used without written permission of the owner of such Marks.
- the Internet domain and IP address from which you are accessing the web site;
- the browser and operating system you are using;
- the date and time you access the site;
- the pages you visit; and,
- whether you arrived at the Auckland Council website via a link from another site and the address of such site.
You consent to the collection and use of this aggregate information for the purposes stated herein.
8. Specific Service Terms and Conditions. The Customer acknowledges that certain Online Services made available or offered by Auckland Council from time to time may be subject to specific additional terms and conditions, and agrees to review and comply with any such additional terms and conditions. Access and use of any Online Service shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of any such additional terms and conditions applicable to such service.
10. Links. Links and references to other websites are provided to you as a convenience only. Auckland Council has not reviewed and does not endorse or assume any responsibility for any other websites, material posted on them, or products or services offered on those websites.
When linking to the Auckland Council website please link the full name, for example Auckland Council.
11. Exclusion of Warranties. Auckland Council may update the information or materials on this website from time to time, but no assurance is given that information or material on this website is up-to-date, accurate, error-free or complete. Auckland Council makes no representation or warranty regarding the functionality or condition of this website, its suitability for use, or that its use will be uninterrupted or error-free. Auckland Council does not represent or warrant that the information, services or materials accessed from or through this website will be uninterrupted or free of errors, defects, viruses or other harmful components, or that any such problems which are discovered will be corrected. Auckland Council will not be liable to any person or entity for any damage, direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential for access to, use of or inability to use Content, Online Services, Terms and Conditions for Transaction Processing Services or this website. Auckland Council assumes no liability for errors or omissions in the Content or the Online Services. Without limiting the foregoing, all Content, Online Services and the website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion of implied warranties, and if you are in one of those jurisdictions these exclusions may not apply to you.
12. Governing Law. Use of this website and these terms shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand without reference to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws and irrevocably agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand in connection with the interpretation or application of these terms. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Some documents on this site are Portable Document Format (PDF) files as indicated by the icon. In this format you can easily save, view and print the file exactly as it was created, with the same layout, images etc.
To do this you need software called Adobe Acrobat Reader. This is free and simple to download from the Adobe website. If you have problems or want to know the basics of how to use PDFs the Adobe site has plenty of help available.
Acrobat Reader program also has a help function. Click on Help from the menu bar at the top of the screen and then select Reader Guide from the drop down menu.
Viewing large files
The size of a file is given in kilobytes beside each link: Name of file (603KB PDF)
Large PDF and video files, which can easily be over 500KB, take a while to download particularly if you are using an older computer and have a slow internet connection.
Saving a PDF file onto your computer and opening it like you would any other file is a little faster. Your web browser or Windows help will have instructions on how to do this. If you have problems with any particular file and cannot get help from the places mentioned above, please contact us.
Twitter is a web-based micro blogging service.
@musicinparks is Music in Parks' account on twitter and is maintained by Auckland Council.
The reason we are using twitter
Our twitter channel is used to:
- draw attention to important information and updates on our website and other affiliated websites
- promote events and remind people when they are coming up
- highlight breaking news around council.
Our use of this channel may change over time to keep aligned with the changing trends in social media communication online.
Will we respond to my replies or direct messages?
We will follow up on replies and direct messages as appropriate.
- we monitor the channel during business hours only Monday to Friday
- we consider a Twitter conversation to be comparable to a telephone conversation.
You should contact Auckland Council by email, in writing or over the phone if you have:
- a formal request, comment or enquiry;
- a complaint regarding Auckland Council.
Be aware that Twitter is a public space on the internet and all interaction is publicly viewable and searchable over time.
If you want to keep your Twitter channel private, you can protect your updates.
For further assistance go to http://help.twitter.com
Every reasonable effort has been made to provide current and accurate information on our Twitter feed. External links are sometimes included on our twitter feed, Auckland Council does not accept any responsibility for the content or operation of any external site.